Spaghetti feeds, potluck suppers, silent auctions, and dances — you may have attended or heard about these and other community events to raise money for a person with a medical condition or disability. Did you know that NDAD can assist with community fundraisers and benefits?
NDAD Community Fundraisers are conducted by friends and family of a person with a disability, for which NDAD acts as a custodian of the funds raised. These funds can be used to help the person with urgent needs and expenses. The funds may also be used beyond the scope of NDAD’s guidelines, such as helping with doctor, clinic, or hospital bills and paying pre-existing bills. NDAD allows the client to use the bank of their choice to hold the funds raised, and we offer this service free of charge; one hundred percent of the funds raised will be spent on client needs.
What are the benefits of holding a community fundraiser through NDAD?
- NDAD is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Any funds donated to NDAD will qualify for a charitable donation and be deductible for donors who itemize. Funds donated to bank accounts that are not 501(c)(3) are not deductible.
- NDAD is an established, reputable organization, which makes individuals more likely to donate.
- NDAD provides marketing and consulting expertise to help community volunteers with fundraising ideas. We can also create and/or copy posters, letters, donation jar labels, and any other advertising items necessary for fundraisers.
- NDAD tracks the funds raised and expenses paid. The client, family member, or representative can bring in the donation and NDAD will provide necessary accounting functions.
- Approved bills must be submitted to NDAD and will be paid with donated funds. This can be a great relief to individuals dealing with overwhelming situations. It is also convenient for clients if they are at medical facilities out of town for long periods of time.
NDAD has been providing this service for over 25 years and we’ve sponsored numerous community fundraisers throughout the state. If desired, we will provide references from individuals who have used NDAD for this purpose. For more information on how NDAD can help with your community fundraiser, contact one of our regional offices: http://ndad.org/contact.asp